CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Out of the mouth of babes

We had a little issue with our oldest a little over a week ago....She was involved with a note that was being passed around between 3 others in her class. Needless to say the note was not nice. Caddy girl stuff (you all know what I am talking about because we all have done it) The teacher had mentioned it to me during our parent/teacher conference because she has a "No Tolerance" rule when it comes bullying. Anyway....I read the note and almost died when I read what the last student wrote. Thank God the teacher caught the note passing before it got back to S. We had a very long talk with her and explained the importance of this and how saying things or even writing notes about people can really hurt them. Today her teacher emailed me and said that she overheard another girl trying to get S involved in another caddy situation and she heard S say "No way...I am staying out of the Drama, I have no use for it and want to stay away from it". That really made me proud!! Sometimes I think that all my parenting is not even being noticed. Today proved me wrong. I pray she can continue to be as strong as she was today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are the kind of things I am not looking forward to about having a girl. And I totally understand already about the parenting thing. It is rewarding to see "results" sometimes in areas like that. And also knowing that you can only do so much and then you have to trust God to protect them and give them wisdom in making their own choices. Your little kids are growing up so fast!

tracey said...

Argh! The drama of having and being a girl. Praying praying praying.

jill b said...

One thing I've realized as my little girl has begun to develop an awareness of the world is how much of an example I am - The things I hear her say are so often words right out of my mouth! It's awesome that you've been a good example to S - I hope I'll be able to feel the same way when the time comes... and with girls, you know it will!

a Putnam said...

Wow - way to go S!!! I'm so glad that you've seen a little reward for the big effort I KNOW you are putting in! Hmmmm - so, they DO listen sometimes... : )